A quick guide on how to drive traffic to your website. Traffic = Revenue.
1. Create a site map! should be linked to from every page on the site. This will help the search engine robots find every page with just two clicks.
2. Build inbound, one way links to the page or pages, preferably from topical sites that have a high page rank.
3. Find the "key phrases" that potential customers are using to find your products or services on your and competitors' pages.
4. Build link popularity (backlinks) = which means that other sites contain links to your site!
5. Update the pages on your website often. Content is KING.
6. Brand your website so that visitors always know they are on your site. Use consistent colors, logos and slogans and always provide a ‘Contact Us’ link on each page.
7. Put a blog on your website and update it every day! Then submit the blog to blog directories.
8. Make sure your website (company) is in Wikipedia.
9. Comment on Blogs
10. Submit Press Releases